Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Once Was Blind but Now I See

Well, for a while I have really been asking God to open my eyes to see certain people the way He sees them. I was so sure that I had these people figured out but now that I really look at what God has been revealing to me, I can see how I was so wrong! I don't really know how to explain it much more than that. I am really grateful to God that He has really been answering my prayers because I get so deep into my 'stuff' that I think God made a mistake in the first place with wanting me as a daughter and friend. You know what I mean? It's like I get so wadded up in my own stuff that I forget to really ask God how He sees my problems and help me sort through it. I get so caught up in the fact that I think I can do it by myself even though I know that I really can't without His help. So with the Ingathering coming up and all, I am really looking forward going to this with a new pair of eyes. A pair of eyes to where I can see past the outer problems of people and really see their hearts and appreciate them for who they really are despite their qwirks.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see....

Thank you God for believing in me and not giving up even though I know I can be a hopeless case! I love you all :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how do I relate to this post. How often I get stuck in my stuff that I cant see anybody beyond that. It is so much ourself that so much gets in the way . Love ya. Thanks so much for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have experienced that too. I have been trying to see everyone as Jesus himself because He is in all of them...it worked for about a day but i'm going to keep on trying!

    ReplyDelete